To be recognized as a source of empowerment for economic development in the communities we serve.
To promote “Democracy in Housing” by advocating for the underserved through education, leadership, and service.
Did you know?
⭐ Leila Francis was the 1st Black Woman licensed Real Estate Agent in Ohio and the 2nd in the Country.
⭐Rhine McLin was the first woman mayor of Dayton! Come help us celebrate these trailblazing women.
As President of the Greater Dayton REALTIST Association, I thank our members, supporters, and leadership team for your support and services. It is people like you who make a difference in the lives of the underserved in the communities we serve. We have several 2023 initiatives planned implementing the REALTIST Pillars of Change and we look forward to your support and participation. GDRA Calendar of Events.
“Democracy in Housing” continues to be of high priority and your membership matters! Your support through memberships and sponsorships aid with our programming and GDRA mission to promote “Democracy in Housing” by advocating for the underserved through education, leadership, and service. I encourage all REALTIST members and friends to participate as partners, sponsors and donors.
In 2022 your support allowed GDRA to:
• Increase membership, support, and retain its members
• Have a larger footprint in the underserved communities to spread the word about black homeownership opportunities
• Provide monthly education & networking sessions to current & potential members
• Collaborate with organizations such as the Miami Valley Fair Housing Center to provide education to members and the general public
• Share property listings and homeownership assistance resources to its members
• Attend community events sharing information about “Democracy in Housing” and other resources available to buyers & sellers
• Reach out to local organizations promoting homeownership opportunities to their members
• Invite local government officials to speak to members on any changes in laws that affect homeownership
• Hold member appreciation events & recognize members who go beyond the call of duty to advocate for the underserved communities
• Host sessions on State of Housing in Black America (SHIBA Report)
In 2023 your continued partnership will allow GDRA to:
• Perform all the above initiatives plus expand GDRA's reach to educate Millennials on the importance of homeownership
Additional information about the Greater Dayton REALTIST Association:
• 2021 the Greater Dayton REALTIST Association rank #15 of NAREB’s 90 chapters across the United States with the largest membership • 2021 the Greater Dayton REALTIST membership increase by 13%
• 4th Quarter of 2020 GDRA hosted a Food Drive and passed out 3400 boxes of food to needy families
As REALTIST we serve communities by helping buyers, sellers, investors, and owners to purchase, sell and manage real property. As an association we provide business networking opportunities and professional development for our REALTIST members. Today, I extend a special invitation to you to renew your membership or join the Greater Dayton REALTIST Association family as a member. We are proud to be REALTIST!
The Greater Dayton REALTIST Foundation is the nonprofit 501 (c)(3) arm of the Greater Dayton REALTIST Association. We are accepting 2023 sponsorships for programming. Your donation will fund our mission. Most charitable donations are tax deductible. Consult with your CPA to confirm. Click here to download & print
The Greater Dayton Realtist Association is the local chapter of the National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB), the oldest national trade association for Black Americans. The goal of GDRA is to provide its members with opportunities for networking, education, sharing best practices, and financial wellness while advocating “Democracy in Housing” for the underserved.
The Black Homeownership Gap Is Larger Than It Was 60 Years Ago
Sign up to receive invite to our monthly real estate & professional development meetings.